Radio Baladi WNZK AM 690 radio in Detroit Friday July 6, 2012 with host Ray Hanania. www.RadioBaladi.com. Guest Alison Weir, executive director of If Americans Knew (www.IfAmericansKnew.org) discusses the controversy surrounding the death of two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Anthony Shadid of the New York Times and the refusal of the mainstream news media to cover the story or criticize the New York Times, which Shadid told his wife should be held responsible if he dies as he prepared to enter Syria. Shadid died allegedly of an asthma attack while trying to enter Syria on Feb. 16, 2012. But before he left, he told his wife Nada Bakri, also a journalist, that if anything happens to him to blame the New York Times. They are responsible for his death, he said. We also discuss the Palestine-Israel conflict and the failure of American Arabs to convey the facts to the American public, and discuss some of those facts. Weir explains how she became involved in monitoring the conflict as a journalist and activist 12 years ago in 2000.
Archive for July 6th 2012
Listen Now:Standard Podcasts [00:59:39m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download | Embeddable Player | Hits (Loading)
About Ray HananiaRay Hanania is a veteran award winning former Chicago City Hall reporter (Daley to Daley 1976-1992), and columnist with Creators Syndicate. His columns address Chicagoland and American politics, and also Middle East politics. Check his links below to read his columns, or listen to his podcasts on Middle East topics on Radio Baladi and on All Things Arab Radio.
- 05-17-13 Radio Baladi Newseum Syria Google
- 05-10-13 Radio Baladi Syrian Refugees Israeli Peace
- 05-03-13 Radio Baladi Jordan Syria API PEW
- 04-26-13 Radio Baladi Boston Bombing Chaldeans
- 04-19-13 Radio Baladi Boston Bombing
- 04-05-13 Radio Baladi Pamela Olson
- 03-22-13 Radio Baladi Special Edition Podcast on Obama
- 03-22-13 Radio Baladi Hala McDonalds Obama
- 03-15-13 Radio Baladi Rachel Corrie Obama
- 03-08-13 Radio Baladi Buses Chavez